Today’s episode of Ten Questions with Mia is hosting Wayne Neely, who has written several books about hurricanes. Welcome!
* * *
Author Bio: Wayne Neely is an international speaker, best-selling author, lecturer on hurricanes, and a Meteorologist. Travelling extensively, Wayne addresses critical issues affecting all aspects of hurricanes, especially Bahamian hurricanes which are one of his central areas of expertise. Wayne Neely is a certified Bahamian Meteorologist working at the Department of Meteorology in Nassau, Bahamas for the last 22 years. He has written seven books on hurricanes.
You can find his books from iUniverse and AuthorHouse, Amazon and Barnes & Noble!
About the Writer
1. What five words describe you?
Passionate, goal oriented, loving, caring and loyal.
2. What was the first story you ever wrote? I mean the really bad one we all have that you’re trying to hide in the back of closet now that you’re published?
In school writing a story describing my summer vacation experience. It was a really terrible story trying to explain it and sadly my English teacher Mrs. Anderson also agreed with me.
3. What inspires you?
I am inspired by an inner clock which always pushes me to write a better book than my previous one. I am also inspired to become a better person and to help others in need.
4. What distracts you?
What distracts me is my critics of my books and while writing my book a good episode of NCIS.
5. What’s your favorite story? This can be specific, as in a particular book or even story-driven movie, or general, like “I’m a sucker for a hero looking for redemption story.”
I know this might sound self conceited but my first book called “The Great Bahamas Hurricane of 1929” this is because it was my first time I published anything including my book.
* * *
About the Writing
1. Tell us about your currently available titles.
I have written seven books on hurricanes here in the Bahamas and the North Atlantic. They are:
1) The Great Bahamas Hurricane of 1929 and the Publisher is mediaenterprises publishing.
2) The Major Hurricanes to Affect The Bahamas(It includes all of the major hurricanes that affected the Bahamas from 1500 to Present Day) and the publisher is Authorhouse…www.authorhouse.com
3) Rediscovering Hurricanes(This book includes all of the major Hurricanes of The North Atlantic from 1494 to present-foreword by Herbert Saffir-co-developer of the Saffir Simpson Scale) and the publisher is also Authorhouse….www.authorhouse.com
4) The Great Bahamian Hurricanes of 1926-The story of three of the greatest hurricanes to affect the Bahamas(Foreword by Bryan Norcross-CBS Evening News Hurricane Meteorologist) and the Publisher is IUniverse.www.iuniverse.com
5) The Great Bahamas Hurricanes of 1866-The story of one of the greatest and deadliest hurricanes to affect the Bahamas(Foreword by Phil Kloztbach-Chief research scientist at Colorado State University) and the Publisher is IUniverse.www.iuniverse.com
6) The Great Bahamian Hurricanes of 1899 and 1932-The story of two of the greatest and deadliest hurricanes to impact the Bahamas.(Foreword by Professor William Gray from Colorado State University)
7) The Great Hurricane of 1780-The Story of the greatest and deadliest hurricane to impact the Caribbean and the Americas (foreword by Dr. Steve Lyons from the Weather Channel
2. What’s your favorite part about writing these stories?
Interviewing persons who experienced these deadly hurricanes and being amazed by the great impact these storms had on their lives.
3. What would your characters say about you? Be honest! Always willing to help others.
4. Who would play your favorite character if they made a movie of their story?
5. Do you have any projects currently in the works you want to talk about?
Yes I am presently writing two books to be published later this year and they are 1) The Greatest and Deadliest Hurricanes of the Caribbean and the Americas and 2) The Great Bahamas Hurricane of 1929 Volume 2.
* * *
Wayne, thanks for being with us today and good luck with your writing!