I’m happy to welcome a fellow paranormal author in Jodie Piece, author of many a vampire tale!
* * *
Author Bio: Jodie Pierce is thirty-seven years old and lives with her hubby, John in Cleveland, Ohio along with four beautiful step-children. She has had a fascination with vampires since they were introduced to her as a child and has had a long history with them. It wasn’t until she started reading the Anne Rice vampire books that she was truly inspired. She was an exchange student in Brasil in high school so you can find some of her experiences from there in her stories. Many of her stories have historical or researched facts as she also enjoys research and learning about new places. She has published four short novels(Eternal Press), a short story in “Midnight Thirst 2″, an anthology(Melange Books), has three self-published books and has several short stories that she still works on. She’s always busy with the next great vampire story as her mind is non-stop and even plagues her dreams.
1. What five words describe you?
Creative, imaginative, manic, kind, loving
2. What was the first story you ever wrote? I mean the really bad one we all have that you’re trying to hide in the back of closet now that you’re published?
The Triangular Time Bombs. It was a high school romance trifecta.
3. What inspires you?
My husband inspires me to be a better person. As far as writing, I’m inspired by my dreams and hubby’s ideas from time to time.
4. What distracts you?
TV, the animals (have 1 cat and 1 dog) and any random thought I get…LOL
5. What’s your favorite story? This can be specific, as in a particular book or even story-driven movie, or general, like “I’m a sucker for a hero looking for redemption story.”
Well, I like any book (mostly) that deals with vampires. Add some romance and I’m all in.
* * *
About the Writing
1. Tell us about your currently available titles.
I have a trilogy available: (The Vampire Queen, The Vampire Chronicles, Demise of the Vampire Queen), a solo anthology: Tales of the Vampire;From A-Z, a regular anthology: Midnight Thirsts 2, a YA titled The Reluctant Vampire, a mishmash vampire contemporary bixsexual erotic titled Once Sanguist, Twice Bi, and lastly an erotica Condemned by the Vampire.
2. What’s your favorite part about writing these stories?
The Vampires! I love to write but I’m not one that’s big on words so they usually end up only being novellas. One day I will calm down and write a full blown novel.
3. What would your characters say about you? Be honest!
I’m sensual, erotic, a bit scatterbrained, a bit manic and obsessed but I’m sure they’d love me like I love them.
4. Who would play your favorite character if they made a movie of their story?
Charlize Theron. My Vampire Queen is very seductive, lustful and vicious all wrapped into one.
5. Do you have any projects currently in the works you want to talk about?
I just pulled a super short story out of the closet to work on and make longer. It would be a paranormal horror but hubby gave me a good idea for one just the other day too.
* * *
Jodie, thank you for joining us and good luck with your stories!
November 27th, 2012
One Response to “Ten Questions with… Jodie Pierce”