I’m happy to welcome back Carmen Stefanescu, to answer Ten Questions!
* * *
Author Bio: Carmen Ştefănescu was born in Romania, the native country of the infamous vampire Count Dracula, but where, for about 50 years of communist dictatorship, just speaking about God, faith, reincarnation or paranormal phenomena could have led someone to great trouble – the psychiatric hospital if not to prison.
English teacher in her native country and mother of two daughters, Carmen Ştefănescu survived the grim years of oppression, by escaping in a parallel world that of the books.
She has dreamt all her life to become a writer, but many of the things she wrote during those years remained just drawer projects. The fall of the Ceauşescu’s regime in 1989 and the opening of the country to the world meant a new beginning for her. She started publishing.
Author Site: http://shadowspastmystery.blogspot.ro/
About the Writer
1. What five words describe you?
Patience, determination, tenacity, hard working, willingness to learn.
2. What was the first story you ever wrote? I mean the really bad one we all have that you’re trying to hide in the back of closet now that you’re published?
I can’ t really remember. It was such a long time ago. When I was a student at the University in Bucharest, Romania. It was something about an accident and escaped convicts.
3. What inspires you?
4. What distracts you?
5. What’s your favorite story? This can be specific, as in a particular book or even story-driven movie, or general, like “I’m a sucker for a hero looking for redemption story.”
I have many favorite stories. It’s difficult to nominate only one, yet, I think Stephen King’s IT is on the first place.
* * *
About the Writing
1. Tell us about your currently available titles.
Shadows of the Past, a paranormal romance.
2. What’s your favorite part about writing these stories?
The moment I write two words: The End
3. What would your characters say about you? Be honest!
They would complain that I make them suffer too much, and they would like to see me in their place.
4. Who would play your favorite character if they made a movie of their story?
Jordana Spiro, the leading character in The Mob Doctor series. I think she is fit to play Genevieve’s part. Emily Van Camp as Anne and Madeleine Stowe as the Abbess.
5. Do you have any projects currently in the works you want to talk about?
Yes, I have actually. It’s something linked to Vlad the Imapaler’s life. Another paranormal. A historical one. So again, the Middle Ages, but this time in Romania. There are so many books on him, written by foreigners who focus on the “vampire” idea, and I think it’s time for one of his country people to show what historical, political and social circumstances led to his being nicknamed Dracula.
* * *
Thank you for being with us today, Carmen, and good luck with your writing!