I was nominated by Angela B. Chrysler to take part in the One Lovely Blog Hop!
About the Hop: This blog hop is designed to show our readers a more personal side to ourselves. We’ve been challenged by another author/ blogger (somewhat like the ‘ice bucket’ challenge) to list seven interesting facts to help cast light onto that tough writer’s/ blogger’s persona we all like to project. But we want to show that behind every story is a story, our story, my story, and like everyone else I have dreams, hobbies, problems and goals. This blog hop is a way to share some of them with you, my readers.
The rules are that I share 7 Lovely Facts about myself, and links to at least 15 blogs that I enjoy reading. If I’ve nominated your blog (see names below) please don’t feel any obligation to join in but, if you do, please link back to the blog of the person who nominated you (which would be me, Mia Darien), share facts about yourself and nominate 15 blogs (or as many as you can).
Seven Lovely Facts about Mia Darien
1. I wish it would rain every day. Seriously, I love the rain. I love rain storms and I used to love thunderstorms. I’ll admit that after moving to the deep south, I like them less since the whole tornado thing… (Apparently, I have a pathological fear of tornadoes!) But I still love grey, rainy days. They make me drowsy, but they’re pleasant to me. I don’t get along with the sun…
2. I grew up on Nick at Night. I think I watched more old sitcoms than current television shows when I was a young teen, like eleven or twelve. I remember Dragnet and I Love Lucy and Taxi best.
3. I’m into astrology. I don’t do much with daily horoscopes, but have studied the idea of our birth months being related to our personalities and how that relates to people interacting with one another. I used to do “compatibility” charts for my friends and their significant others.
4. I grew up with horses. The best loved of my youth was a grumpy pony named Rusty. We think he was a Haflinger, although we were never sure. He distrusted adults, but he liked kids so he became mine. He knew a million different ways to not have to move faster than a fast walk. King of the jog, he was. And if I tried to mount up without a step, I’d hang over his back and he’d walk off with me like that.
5. I was homeschooled. Except for a few months in 9th grade, I was homeschooled from 5th to 12th. It suited my temperament, and I got a better education. My mom was my teacher, mostly. I inherited her bad math skills, so I had a tutor for that. In 5th grade, I was just at level with math but reading at a 12th grade level.
6. I like to sew by hand. I don’t have the time to do it very often anymore, but I like to make geeky things. My favorites have been banners modeled after my favorite computer game. But I made one once upon a time for my husband (before he was my husband) based on a character of his. I like to do the by-hand stitching because it’s relaxing, and I think it looks old-fashioned.
7. I played with Lego blocks as a kid. I was obsessed with making houses, but it had to be complete. Doors, windows, every room with furniture that would be in the room, so the bathroom needed blocks that signified toilet, sink, bath… I ran out of room on those green squares a lot.
Now that you know a bit more about me, I nominate…